Thursday, October 9, 2008


This week was Grady's first birthday! Yay! I have to admit that I felt a little guilty by the excess of presents. (this coming from a women who has been known to eat a whole batch of cookies in one sitting, and of course a gallon of milk. Mark that in your record books!.... ) Let me start off by saying that Chris took most of the pictures so you can blame their poor quality on him. Anyway, it seemed to be a hit.

Everyone whose anyone came and we all had a great time. Even the hats were tilted, a sure sign of good times!










Grady and his bounty! I've decided that we will be putting some of these away for Christmas. Like he cares. He would be happy with the wrapping paper.


My most anticipated moment on the day was the chocolate cup cakes. I was so excited to let Grady just go at it and spread it all of his face creating the perfect birthday ending photo op! Grady wasn't as into the idea as I was and in the end I had to smear the chocolate cake and frosting all over his face myself. Some times if you want the perfect memories you must fabricate them! He cried the whole time but he will thank me later.



On of Grady's favorite presents came from Grandma and Grandpa Allred. A delightful train that sings and makes animal noises. However, I noticed a twinge of regret in their eyes when I reminded them that we were moving in next month and the train was coming with us. "All aboard the animal train...." The things we endure to make the babies giggle!

Grady was lucky enough to have all his grandparents in attendance. This is really the best picture I could get out of these people. Believe me, I took several!
















2 comments:

Emily C. said...

oh meg, you are a funny girl. I love the posts, keep 'em comin'! Happy birthday Grady Cakes! I wish I could come right over and lick that chocolate off your sweet cheeks!

Gail said...

Hi Megan- what a beautiful baby! Glad all is well with you!